Things to Know
- The Garden Pantry in the Garden Shop offers a variety of cold drinks and snacks
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station is available in the parking lot
- No wheelchairs or strollers are available for rent
- Dogs are allowed (on leash)
Trails 'n' Tails event for visitors with dogs is held in August
- We have a Lost and Found, please call (805) 682-4726 ext 112
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the Garden (including the parking lot)
- Please stay on the designated pathways and trails
- Deposit trash and recycle in designated receptacles
- Do not pick flowers or climb trees
- Picnic only in the designated picnic area
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times
- No alcohol please
- Recreational sports (including skating, ball playing, cycling, etc.) are not permitted - bicycle racks are located in the parking lot
For Your Safety
The Garden is a place of natural beauty. In addition to our stunning native plants, the Garden’s canyon and creek is a wildlife corridor. Please remember to:
- Watch your step – paths can be uneven
- Bring water on your walk
- Wear a hat and sunscreen
- Dress in sturdy shoes with a tread
- Leave wildlife undisturbed
- Be aware - Leaves of Three ~ Let It Be! (Poison Oak!)
- Use caution on boulder crossings of creek
The Garden is open rain or shine, although Red Flag Warning days may trigger mandatory closure to SBBG visitors and staff. Current weather conditions at SBBG are available via the official SBBG Online Weather Station located in Mission Canyon.
Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to the come and capture the natural beauty of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden. If you are planning to visit, please contact the Development Associate for Events, Brittney Burrows, (805) 682-4726 x103, with your intended time of visit. Please also review the Amateur and Professional photographer Agreements. You may bring the appropriate one with you, or fill one out upon arrival.
For commercial photography and film location use, contact Brittney Burrows at (805) 682-4726 x103.
The Garden Pantry
The Garden Pantry is filled with a variety of snacks and drinks plus new, healthier fare to provide plenty of energy and hydration while you walk the Garden trails. The Garden Pantry also includes a fine selection of local edible gifts sure to please any foodies. You can even make your own hot espresso drink in an instant! Come and check it out!
Meadow Revival Project
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is excited to bring back the glory of its historic Meadow landscape display, preserving the core of this amazing historic landmark garden.
This Meadow Revival Project will be multi-faceted and time intensive, with final completion scheduled by 2015.
- Spring 2013 - Winter 2014
- Restoration of Meadow border
- Complete Renovation of Meadow interior
- Removal of invasive 'weedy' species
- Restoration of preferred native species in the seed bank
- Revitalized planting of the Meadow
The Garden's ShinKanAn Teahouse and Garden:
The Teahouse is open every second Saturday of the month from 11:00am-1:00pm. Visitors and members are welcome to experience our ShinKanAn Teahouse and Garden. Trained Teahouse volunteers will be available to share their skills and answer questions about the rich traditions of the Japanese tea ceremony.