The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden welcomes visitors seven days a week, rain or shine. The Garden is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and during some special events.
9 am to 6 pm ~ March – October
9 am to 5 pm ~ November – February
Garden Shop & Garden Growers Nursery
10 am to 5:30 pm ~ March – October
10 am to 4:30 pm ~ November – February
Monday - Friday 9 am to 4 pm by appointment, please contact the Collections Manager
Monday - Friday 9 am to 4 pm by appointment, please contact the Herbarium Curator
$6.00 Seniors (60 + years)
$6.00 Children 13 – 17, college students and active military with ID
$4.00 Children 2 – 12 years
Admission is free for the following:
Children under 2
Active military personnel in uniform
Garden members with valid membership card
For parties of 10 or more, please contact the Registrar or call (805) 682-4726 ext. 102
Parking Is Free
Get inspired! Santa Barbara Public Gardens Activities in May
"Get inspired!" is the rallying cry heard from Santa Barbara's many public gardens, who have collaborated to offer special tours, free admission, lectures, and other activities in conjunction with not only National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 10, 2013, but also for the whole month of May at various locations in Santa Barbara County.
There’s So Much to Do and See for FREE in May!
As part of Santa Barbara Public Gardens Appreciation Month, the public is invited to attend a myriad of activities which encourage the community to explore the diverse gardens we are lucky to have in our county. There is something for everyone!
- Ten Garden Talks - learn about everything from Palm Trees to Bees!
- Admission to locations by downloading a coupon at Better Homes & Gardens
- Docent-led garden tours at Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Old Mission Santa Barbara's Huerta Garden, Rancho La Patera & Stow House, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Rides on the historic Allan Herschell Carorsel (1916) in Chase Palm Park
- Special tours of Santa Barbara County Courthouse gardens and clock tower
- Experience SBCC's Lifescape Garden Family friendly activities such as story-time, craft projects, and other fun
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fosters the conservation of California's native plants through our gardens, research and education, and serves as a role model of sustainable practices.