Support the Garden
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a private, non-profit, research, conservation and education institution offering enriching experiences to the public.
Contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations are essential to support our core operations, and to build and maintain our outstanding collections and unique California-native garden displays.
You can help us achieve our current goals with your gifts:
- Campbell Bridge - the bridge spanned Mission Creek and burned in the Jesusita Fire. It was a critical crossing enabling visitors to make a loop through the canyon rather than retrace steps or cross over uneven boulders. The Garden raised $100,000 needed to replace this bridge. Construction began in December 2012 and was completed in February, 2013.
- Replace Server & computer stations - the Garden struggles to stay current with computer equipment. Currently the Garden's server is in danger of crashing and needs to be replaced. Additionally, a number of staff are using computers that are greater than 5 years old. These computers will not permit access to many of the programs and databases we use today and thus limit and hinder staff ability to achieve our mission. We estimate $20,000 needed to replace the server and upgrade enough computer stations to bring the Garden's computer system up to today's needs.
- Renovate public restroom to ADA compliance - the Garden has devised a cost effective means to provide handicap accessible restrooms, an item in high demand and unavailable in over 85 years of service to the public. We will convert half of the men's restroom into a family facility that is handicap accessible for a cost of $15,000.
Gifts of goods and services help support our horticulture, education, and research efforts and may provide you with a charitable gift deduction. Contact us for more information on these giving opportunities.
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is enrolled in the Amazon Smile program.
This program gives you a simple and automatic way to support SBBG and California's native plants every time you shop! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Garden.
Donate a Car
Have an unwanted car you would like to donate to support the Garden? The process is easy! Our partner, CARS, handles the pick-up and sale of your vehicle, plus all the associated paperwork. You receive a tax deduction for your donation, and the Academy receives a check for 80 percent of the net sale proceeds.
For more information and to schedule a pick-up that’s convenient for you, call 855-500-RIDE (7433) or click here to complete our online donation form:
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our donors. We value the trust you place in us by giving to our institution and take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard the integrity of the information you provide us.
Our Use of Personal Information
From time to time, Garden staff will request you provide personal information to us. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. This information is considered private and is used for internal purposes only. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who process your donation and provide you with our services. All employees sign a confidentiality statement as a condition of their employment. Under no circumstances will we share, loan, barter, or sell information about you to any third party. If you authorize us in writing to provide your information to a trusted third party such as your accountant or attorney, we will oblige. Lastly, there may be times we disclose information because we are legally required to do so pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
SBBG Beer Garden: A Tasting Tour ~ February 28, 1-4:30PM
Zach Rosen, our cicerone and brew pilot is back! Join us for a new drinking tour of the Garden featuring beers uniquely paired with our horticultural displays.
For this second annual mini-brew fest, expect new beers and new Garden locations to explore.
- Open to the public, ages 21 and over
- Please carpool-parking is limited
- The Garden will be closed to the general public all day for this event
- Rain Date: Saturday, March 14
- No refunds
- No dogs, please
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fosters the conservation of California's native plants through
our gardens, research and education, and serves as a role model of sustainable practices