The Information Kiosk was constructed in 1937 to serve as the orientation and interpretation center for the Garden. The kiosk was designed by Lockwood de Forest III and modeled after a similar structure at Dumbarton Oaks, the home of Garden benfactor Mildred Bliss. In the early years of the Garden it housed a table with a large map of the grounds which served as the visitor's only means of orientation. Today the kiosk contains various interpretative exhibits in the glass cases which line the walls. It is one of the landmarked structures at the Garden.
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fosters the conservation of California's native plants through
our gardens, research and education, and serves as a role model of sustainable practices.
Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Our Tax ID number is 95-1644628.