ShinKanAn Teahouse 10th Anniversary Celebration
Date: Saturday, May 4, 2013
Time: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Location: The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: ShinKanAn Teahouse
The Saturday Event is sold out
This year, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden celebrates the 10-year anniversary of ShinKanAn from 11:30am to 3:00pm
In June, 2003 the Garden’s Teahouse was officially inaugurated as an Urasenke Teahouse in a special ceremony and was named ShinKanAn, or “Look Through the Heart,” in honor of Heartie Anne Look for all of her contributions to Japanese culture for the people of Santa Barbara. This year, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden celebrates the 10-year anniversary of ShinKanAn with special activities on May 4 and 5.
On Saturday, May 4:
- Guests may join us for a tea offering with tours of the Teahouse before and after the ceremony (at Noon (SOLD OUT) or 2:00pm - by reservation)
- Matcha (finely ground green tea), traditional sweets, and a light Bento lunch will be served on the Arbor Terrace
- This event is limited to 60 guests
- Tickets are $10 for members, $15 non-members: contact the registrar or phone (805) 682-4726 ext. 102
- Reservations must be made by May 1st.
On Sunday, May 5:
- the Teahouse will host an “open house” with ongoing tea ceremony demonstrations by tea school students from 10:00am to 2:00pm