ShinKanAn 'Open House'
Date: Sunday, May 5, 2013
Time: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Location: The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: ShinKanAn Teahouse
In June, 2003 the Garden’s Teahouse was officially inaugurated as an Urasenke Teahouse in a special ceremony and was named ShinKanAn, or “Look Through the Heart,” in honor of Heartie Anne Look for all of her contributions to Japanese culture for the people of Santa Barbara. This year, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden celebrates the 10-year anniversary of ShinKanAn with special activities on May 4 and 5.
On Saturday, May 4:
- Guests may join us for a tea offering with tours of the Teahouse before and after the ceremony at Noon or 2:00pm (by reservation)
- Matcha (finely ground green tea) and traditional sweets will be served on the Arbor Terrace
- This event is limited to 100 guests
- Tickets are $10 for members, $15 non-members: contact the registrar or phone (805) 682-4726 ext. 102
On Sunday, May 5:
- the Teahouse will host an “open house” with ongoing tea ceremony demonstrations by tea school students from 10:00am to 2:00pm