Education Volunteer Training
Date: Saturday, January 7, 2017
- Saturday, February 4, 2017
Time: 10:00AM - 12:30PM
Instructor: Education Staff
Location: Arroyo Room
Class will meet 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, & 2/4
Join our enthusiastic & knowledgeable community of volunteers
For public tours, school tours, and other education volunteers. Share your passion for native plants, natural history, and foster the conservation of California’s flora by serving as a guide to the Garden, organizing a discovery station, or interpreting the wonderful natural world around us.
Training includes basic classes in botany, horticulture, ecology and Garden history, with an emphasis on environmental interpretation.
- Continue learning with docent-led walks, workshops, field trips, and discounted classes
- Training and tours take place on weekdays and weekends
- New docents are paired with an experienced mentor
- Flexible hours and a variety of opportunities cater to your passions and needs
This Education Volunteer Training is required for all Education Volunteers.