Board of Trustees
James O. Koopmans, CPA, Chair
Peter Schuyler, Vice Chair
Carolyn Kincaid Henderson, Secretary
John A. Brinker
Lou Greer Frost
Susan Van Atta
Our vision expresses what we aspire to be valued for and embodies our purpose.
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden envisions a world where society understands the interdependency between people and plants, and acts to preserve the natural world.
Our mission is what we do to achieve our vision.
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fosters the conservation of California's native plants through our gardens, research and education, and serves as a role model of sustainable practices.
- Secure the Conservation of California’s Native Plants
- Native Plants in Every Garden
- Ensure the Financial Stability of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Be the Center for California Native Horticulture and Ecological Education
- Be A Role Model for Sustainable Practice in California
- Make the Garden a Physical Expression of Our Mission While Respecting its Heritage
Strategic Plan 2011-2016
- In 2011, Staff and Trustees at the Garden developed a Strategic Plan to set organizational goals and objectives of the day to day management activities of the Garden until 2016.